Shorthand for querying posts from a custom taxonomy Used in homepage templates and sidebar widgets
- $args (array) – query args
array $f featured post objects
Provides the “main” feature associated with a post. Expects to be called from within The Loop.
Uses: global $post Returns: term $bject|false Since: 0.3
If a post is marked as sticky, this unsticks any other posts on the blog so that we only have one sticky post at a time.
If this ever breaks, #blamenacin.
- $after (array) – new list of sticky posts
- $before (array) – original list of sticky posts
Determine if we have any ‘featured’ posts on archive pages
Determine if we have any ‘featured’ posts on homepage
Get posts marked as “Featured in category” for a given category name.
- $category_name (string) – the category to retrieve featured posts for.
- $number (integer) – total number of posts to return, backfilling with regular posts as necessary.
Helper for getting posts in a category archive, excluding featured posts.
- $query (WP_Query) –